We leave Paris early morning, and arrive at Reims around 10.00AM. Reims is in the middle of the wine country, and we start this tour by visiting the Gothic cathedral and have a short orientation tour of the city. Hereafter you join a guided visit to the Mumm champagne cellars, which include the famous "Cordon Rouge " tasting of champagne.
After the visit, there it is time for lunch(not included in the price!) on your own in the center of Reims. Reims has an excellent selection of cafes and bistros and offers a typically French setting for lunch.
In the afternoon, we drive to Epernay passing la Montagne de Reims for a guided visit of the Moët & Chandon cellars (or Achille Mercier ) for yet another tasting, this time a wine tasting.
We leave Epernay at 4.00PM and return to Paris around 6.30PM.
This tour particular appeal to wine connoisseurs, the Champagne being reputed throughout the world, and the guided visits offer a mix of both technical and general information. You have the possibility of purchasing champagne and wine accessories after the visit.
Important Information :
- The Tour is in English!
- Duration: 10½ hours
- Children: 4 to 17 years old
- Tour starts at 08.00AM Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday in the summer. In the winter only Tuesdays & Fridays
- Price is incl. guided visit of the town of Rheims and the cathedral, entrance ticket to Mumm cellars and wine tasting and entrance ticket to Moët & Chandon cellars (or similar) with wine tasting
- Please note that the cellars can be cold even in summer
- The tour begins and ends at CityRama/Paris Vision 2 Rue de Pyramides 75001 Paris
Please be at this location no later than 20 min. before departure:
2 Rue de Pyramides
April to Oct.: Tour starts at 08.00AM, Tuesday, Thursday, Fridays, Saturday & Sunday
Nov. to March: Tour starts at 08.00AM, Tuesdays & Fridays
Take the Metro Line 1 to The Tuileries Station